Transparent Watercolor TRIO #2

To continue my search for transparent watercolor trio (see my post about Transparent Watercolor TRIO #1)  which would give me the widest array of color mixes, I found another transparent watercolor COMBO.



The new color combo is:

ULTRAMARINE BLUE (semi-transparent blue)

QUINACRIDONE RED (transparent red)

CADMIUM YELLOW MIDDLE (semi-opaque yellow)

What? You ask me why I included a semi-opaque color in this trio. Here's my answer: although it is a semi-opaque color, the brilliance of it so great, that by mixing with the other two it creates even higher number of bright and "clean" hues.

Here are my mixing charts.


Notice that the purples and violets here are slightly brighter than in the previous mix.

I find that Cadmium Yellow Middle gives a more "grassy" green when being mixed with Ultramarine.

Especially impressive the earth tones, greens and blacks.




Yummi, all of these colors just from 3!



Also comes in a travel tin.








Comments

Popular Posts