Transparent Watercolor TRIO 1

If I were to choose the most limited palette with a possibility to create the widest array of colors, I would probably go with the following watercolor trio combination.

THESE ARE THE COLORS:

AUREOLIN (transparent neutral yellow)

QUNACRIDONE RED (transparent red)

PHTHALO BLUE (transparent blue)


I did a test and ended up with a beautiful array of color mixes, all the way from bright SECONDARY COLOURS (orange, green and purple) to earth tones and blacks.


As you can see from above photo, these color give you very vibrant secondary and tertiary colors. Purple looks pretty deep and the green is a nice mix between phthalo green and hookers green. Orange and Red are one of the difficult colors to mix, however I was able to mix a pretty bright Orange and Red.



Here are beautiful Earthtones, Blacks and Greens. Considering I was just going for very obvious different hues. So the sky is the limit here.


I am very excited about the possibilities these colors can mix.
They are transparent, so there are very little chances of them to make "mud".




If you are interested to try these colors, I have this set available in a cute travel tin
in my Etsy store









Comments

Popular Posts